The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Monday, September 19, 2005

A Job Deferred

I got started too late in the day for Charlie to help me with the kitchen floor, so I decided to work on another priority project. The master bathroom was in desperate need of a window. This window would have been finished ages ago, except that the original, top window-pane was broken. Someone (?) leaned the window up next to its rough-in and a strong wind knocked it over shattering the pane. I salvaged a matching piece of glass from a similar window and tried my hand at window glazing. Considering it was the first time I've ever done this, I think that I went well enough. Aesthetically, it could have been a little prettier. Smoothing the glazing compound at a perfect 45 degree angle was tricky, but I think that it'll work.

After I'd glazed the window, everything else was pretty easy. As a bonus, this window (salvaged from someplace in Mena, Arkansas) came with its original pull and lock. I'm guessing the window dates from 1900-1920. The wierd lighting in the picture below is from the plastic sheeting that was covering the rough-in.



The kitchen floor. So close, yet so far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter