The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Monday, May 07, 2007

The New Idol for Our Affections

What can I say? When something like this appears before you, you can't help but be transfixed. Like a Jesus Christ grill cheese sandwich or a Virgin Mary liver spot, it evokes strong feelings of love and adoration. It may in fact be the most moving religious experience we've ever shared as a family.

For the first time in nearly a year, we now have the convenience of washing and drying our clothes in our own home. Ms. Scarlet ran them for two days straight in an attempt to wash the huge cache of dirty clothes we've been hording. We actually had a whole dirty clothes hamper full of clothes that was packed up when we moved out of our Blue House and in with my in-laws in June 2006.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look so good. I remember when Amanda and I were without the washer/dryer combo. We like to call the ever growing collection of clothes big rock laundry mountain. Great Job!

12:43 PM  
Blogger K said...

"We actually had a whole dirty clothes hamper full of clothes that was packed up when we moved out of our Blue House and in with my in-laws in June 2006."

When we moved from our first house to our first-house-with-a-dishwasher, I packed up our dirty dishes. My mother and grandmother were helping me move and discovered what I considered a genius move. They were scandalized and immediately began washing them all by hand. When there was a perfectly good dishwasher right there. *sigh*

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we moved from Texas in the fall of '05, I packed up about three small hampers of dirty clothes. I finally opened them about six months ago when they were "rediscovered". I'm almost afraid to open the boxes I have stored in the basement!

4:08 AM  
Blogger John said...

I love it. Apparently we aren't the only ones who've taken an unconventional approach to moving.

The worst part is I think my wife and I both bought new underwear and such a long the way so we wouldn't have to haul our laundry to my in-laws. I think we have enough clean drawers to outfit an army battalion now.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Yummy!
(the W/D, not the packed dirty clothes!)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Midwest Bicycle Company said...

We're right behind you. We bought our washer and dryer today, and they'll be delivered Friday. That means I have 2.5 days to get the laundry room done. Wanna come over and help?

7:27 PM  
Blogger John said...

OHG, I'd love to help. When we finish, could you come over and help us finish painting?

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter