The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Synchronicity

Plumbing is the Devil, but, for once, I have found a leak that I just don't care about at all. Really. Last night, I was cleaning out the master bedroom closet when I found this.



I thought, "Oh fuck."

I run my hand down the hot water line out of the heater. The copper to cpvc coupling is wet, the joint is leaking very, very slowly. "Well that looks like it's been there for a while (note dry watermarks on the floor to the right of the heater).


I wonder if this is where the water from our mystery drip was coming from last . . . August? Well, no point in turning it off I guess. I mean, I'll need to take a shower tomorrow morning (technically later this morning?). Besides, the plumber is going to be here tomorrow anyway. Perfect timing. How is that for some fucking luck for once? Screw this, I'm going to bed."

How is that for prescience? Didn't I say something about water heaters flooding the house yesterday? Now, the question is: will the plumber show?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Being a tankless, it may only leak when the hot water is turned on an the water runs through the pipe....

I've had to go back over some of my plumber's work and slightly tighten some couplings and re-check for leaks.

whenever, I'd tighten some plumbing joints, my father in law would remind me that "it's not a test of strength."

Anyhow, it's good that your plumbers coming...I'd do the same thing and let him check it.

Don't you just love the tankless water heaters???? Never ending hot water.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

John,
I like to think you are an educated man. It is spelled P-H-U-C-K .
Nice leak by the way. Nice to see that I'm not the only one who gets them. Of course I don't pay for mine.... Actually I PAY it just doesn't involve large sums of money.

8:40 PM  
Blogger John said...

Patrick,

You've got the never ending part correct . . .

Gary,

Me speak pretty one day too.

And, I like to think I get the best of both worlds, I like paying both ways. Phuck.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter