The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A New Link and Other Bits

I've added a new link to the blog.

Utne is an interesting read, they are both an online site and a bimonthly magazine. They run some good articles on green building from time to time. I would love to make my house self-sufficient and environmentally friendly. I'd love to be able to collect rain water for irrigation & drinking water (requires a $20,000 investment in purification & storage equipment the last time I checked), install some solar panels (not on the house), and install some energy saving devices (efficient appliances, lights, et cetera) I might someday, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Recycling lumber will have to suffice for the moment.

I'm shaking my weekly schedule up some, I'm taking Thursday off. My little sister (not so little, she 25 now) is in town for a week, and she offered to help me out with the Queen Thursday. She is also dragging my dad along too. With all that extra help, I think that I'll tear out a wall and move a doorway. Sounds like a good day's work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter