The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dragon Lady Kung Fu

I hate to be cryptic, but the particulars of this tale probably don't need to be aired too openly. Some folks enjoy their privacy, and I respect that.

In short, we've gotten some breathing room from our foul-mouthed financier. The financier-stalker's kung fu is weak compared to the Dragon Lady's. The Dragon Lady gave him a much needed attitude adjustment.

Dragon Lady: "Have you seen the house?'

Stalker: "Yes, I fly over it all the time."

Dragon Lady: "You need to fly closer."

Stalker: "I've come over at tree-top level. If I flew any lower, I'd hit the house."

Dragon Lady: "That would be a good start."

Stalker: "Umm, ah. Oh."

He's still circling (photos below from the weekend), but he's backed off for now.


2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. P in Jackson said...

What is going on with this? I'm going to have to do some research on your site because I'm confused. Either way, I hope whoever it is harrassing you finds something better to do that waste gas flying aimlessly around the sky.

9:44 AM  
Blogger John said...

Patricia,

Sorry for the confusion. Our financier isn't too happy with our project. It's way over budget and way behind schedule. He thinks the Queen should have been finished a long time ago with a lot less money. He's never done old houses before (mostly new construction and ranch house rentals), so he's having trouble figuring out where all the money's going. I think he half believes we kick back at home, drink beer, and burn all the money in our fireplace.

He's a licensed pilot, and he flies a lot (you've got to maintain a certain number of hours to keep your license too). If he's in the air for any reason, he'll do a pass over the house. He likes to see if we're working on it, or to see if we're making progress.

You might check the following two posts for more information: Pissing and Moaning (10/06/05) and Thinking Out Loud (09/30/05).

Really, he hasn't been a problem until we started taking about borrowing more money and getting our 3rd extension about a month ago.

In any case, I wish he'd find something else to do with his time too.

Hope that helps.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter