The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Driven To Distraction and The Joy of Plumbing

You Housebloggers are wicked people. Lately, I've been spending way too much time reading about your homes, and not near enough time working on mine or doing my homework. The fault obviously lies with y'all and not my poor impulse control. Yeah, right.

I went by the Queen last night, and she's progressing nicely. Sorry, no photos since I forgot the camera. By the time this weekend is over, the missing dining room wall should be re-installed, a threshold between the kitchen and dining room floors should be installed, and a door jamb ought to be there too. The main hall's wainscot should be finished too. If we're lucky, a few more walls should go up.

At this point the big question is, how many more walls can we finish with wall boards before we run out? When we finally run out we'll have to start installing drywall. I'm not real excited about this, but I think it's look fine. It is definitely a lot cheaper than ordering more wood.

Anyhow, I'm going to wean myself away from your evil Houseblog influences for a while. Well, at least until I finish my homework, pay the bills, and do a few other things.


One thing that I like about the cold winter tempertures is that it keeps me from plumbing. Have I mentioned that I hate plumbing?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

By the looks of the plumbing in your artwork I'd say you need to stop sniffing the pvc glue and go back to reading houseblogs!

10:31 AM  
Blogger John said...

How about a compromise?

I'll stop plumbing and spend all my time reading houseblogs and sniffing pvc glue.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter