The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Snitch

I don’t know if it is in general circulation yet, but a story about Houseblogs.net and several houseblogs went out on the AP wire last night. It should start turning up in newspapers today (I think). The Russellville Courier (our “big” local paper) is running it this weekend.

It features Houseblogs, House in Progress, Enon Hall, The Shelter Life, Nightmare on Elm Street, My Marrakesh, This Old Crack House, Killerjeanne (i.e. Fitz the “Missle Silo Guy”) and The Devil Queen.

How do I know all of this if it hasn’t hit the newsstands? It’s one of the perks of being married to a reporter, she reads the wire.

I’ll post a link once the story is out.

7 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

What? Is this the story from the Chicago Tribune?
Thanks for letting me know!

8:44 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Oh, here is the link:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HOUSE_BLOGGING?SITE=CALAK&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

8:49 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hmm. I don't know if it is the one in the Tribune (tried the link & The Tribune but didn't find it).

It's by Jocelyn Noveck, AP reporter.

Here is a link to the story on the Las Vegas Times.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2006/sep/20/092009474.html

11:25 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

by the way, thanks for the shout-out!
:)

11:26 AM  
Blogger John said...

My pleasure, it is the least I could do.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now cnn:http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/09/20/house.blogging.ap/index.html

6:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

And on the front page of CNN, no less!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter