The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Trivia and Miscellaneous

Sorry, I was working on a fabulous post on rim locks when the computer ate it. I don't have it in me to write it again at the moment, so you get this crappy post instead. Progress on the Queen and everything else has been slow this week. I've been fighting off a mild cold, and my butt has been dragging all week.

Maryam, here is the picture of that clock you requested. I'm still not exactly sure where they found it. I'm guessing a local discount or outlet shop. Or, Hobby Lobby?


And, here is a little piece of car trivia too. How much does a replacement rear windshield for a 1998 VW Beetle cost? New: $800, used/salvaged $300, for my father-in-law: $150. See, we try to stay on his good side for a reason. Downside, the windshield in question is in Fayetteville. Upside, my wife was able to go down and pick it up after work. The fact that it wouldn't fit in her car, priceless. I don't know what Plan B is yet, but I suspect that it involves a truck and a very long drive.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter