The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

This picture is from last week, or the week before. I forget which. It's definately better than old crusty green paint.


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that yellow. It is perfect.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nice work. You're using a sprayer I'm assuming? How long did it take?

I may have to steal that yellow from you.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

The new paint will make all the difference in the world. I love the color.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to beat yellow, a good yellow, that is; it looks like you picked the right shade. And, it matches your shingles beautifully, all of them.

4:32 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks everyone. I really like the yellow too, but the credit for that goes to my wife. She's got a great eye for color. The only colors in the house that I hate are the ones I picked out. Figures.

Chris, yes we're using sprayer. The whole side of the house show in the photo was done in a few hours.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Love the paint, John and also love the detailing around the windows.

Looks great!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOoOOoooOoo... lovely yellow. I just love yellow houses. White trim right?

11:57 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks again. We have two colors for the trim. One is called Gold-something-or-other which is a darker yellow-ochre; it's for the crawlspace, window sashes etc. The other trim color is nearly white, with a very pale yellow hue, and it will be used for the rest of the trim. Or, that is our plan for today.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter