The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"Go Away"

For a long time now, the restless dead have been quiet at the Devil Queen. No sounds of footsteps in the hall or phantom crying babies. Then, we cleaned out the bay window room (parlor/bedroom) at the front of the house and things started to happen.

One weekend a couple of weeks ago, Liz, Fidge, and Jack came over to help us paint in our run up to the appraisal. Jack was painting the exterior trim on the master bathroom window when I happened to walk by looking for some errant tool.

"I hear someone talking to me out here," he said without looking up from his work. "I looked around but didn't see anyone."

"Really, what did they say?"

"It was like, 'ooo away,'" he said. "Had trouble hearing the first part."

"'Go away' maybe?'

Jack shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe. I don't think so though."

"Okay."

A couple of days later I was talking to Fidge and she told me that she heard a voice in the bay window room while she was painting in there.

"What did it say?" I asked.

"Go away."


Scarlet and I our irritated. We don't much appreciate folks, living or dead, trying to run off our free, volunteer help. Why couldn't they have run of the SOB's who came and took $2000 in tools a couple years ago?

It is so hard to find good help.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd think if they were going to drive everyone away that they'd have the decency to pick up a paintbrush once in a while. You know, a little painting in the dead of night.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter