The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So, I got home late Monday night to find the Devil Queen's front door kicked in and the house robbed.  This has put me in a real bad mood.   More later.  Gotta go visit the sheriff's office with an itemized list of everything missing.


Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm crossing my fingers for a good outcome!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awful; I feel your pain! Our house was burglarized in June. The worst part is the sentimental items that they took which they won't get any money for. It's such a violation.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

:-(

Our neighborhood has seen an increase in break ins lately. I'm so sorry that it happens, and especially to you.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastards.
Post the list of what they took: maybe some of the stuff they took will be something that we have a duplicate of, and you can have ours.

This is the bonus of merging two households. DOUBLES!!!

--Janine
Ottawa_emptor
Ottawa-Emptor

9:12 AM  
Blogger Neighmond said...

Call me paranoid, but I sort of get strange ideas sometimes....I recall some sort of trouble along this line with former contractors, with about the same result. Where were they when this all went down?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lenise said...

That's terrible! I'm so sorry.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your luck sounds about as crappy as mine. I hope they catch them this time!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jason and Heather said...

Damn! That's terrible! You need some dogs... big ones.

We don't live in the best neighborhood but we have 2 Great Danes and a boxer pit mix and I make sure everyone in the neighborhood knows it too.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sh*t John...that sucks so bad. I'm really sorry to hear that.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Oh God. There is probably no worse of a feeling. I am so very sorry. Hope things turn out well and they catch the slime bucket!

I've been there. And they have no clue (nor do they care) that some of the things they take have no value whatsoever except for the sentimental value.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who has recently had to close a business from the effects of a burglary I can very much sympathize. I hope they get the bastards.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Row House said...

Oh crap. I wish I couldn't say "I know how you feel" but unfortunately I do. The last burglars took my beloved Harley Road King out of my locked garage. Hence the large dogs, the whole house security system and the noisy little tool I'm not supposed to have in NYC.

We had a 60% jump in burglaries in south Brooklyn this year over 2006. I wrote a blog article about it a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've read on the house blogs that others are seeing the same thing.

10:19 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks everyone.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Karen Anne said...

Losing things of sentimental value is the worst... Years (heck, decades) later, I remember with sadness losing those things.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter