The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Do You Love Me?

You know who your real friends are when you take on a serious home improvement project. Barring those folks in your life that are too old, too sick, or too far away, the people that love you are the ones the volunteer to help for free.

My in-laws have been incredibly generous, more than I could have ever hoped or asked for. My in-laws were over for dinner last night (before I went to work on the never-ending mural), and my father-in-law informed me that he'd already removed the non-code complying electrical pole. I'm not sure, but I think that he was going up there again today to install the new pole (quite a feat, its 18 feet long, and it needs to be buried 4 feet deep). I really can't believe that I deserve this kind of help. I'm so grateful that I worry I'll never be able to make it up to him.

To him and all our other volunteers (you know who you are), we owe you many thanks. If we survive this project, we make it up to y'all. One thing I know for sure, once we get moved in and mostly finished we're having a hell of a party.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

OH Don't promise a party! We said we were having Christmas when the house was done and now at every family event for the last three years we been asked "When's Christmas."

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter