The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Perpetual Motion Machine

My wife's mind is a perpetual motion machine. At night, once the baby is in bed, the television is off, and the world is hushed and dark, you can hear a steady hum. It's like the sound of an engine at a constant idle.

My wife can be drop-dead exhausted, but she will lie awake for hours as her mind sifts through hundreds of thoughts and ideas.

Wednesday she had a long day at work and went to bed early. About 40 minutes later, I crawled into bed. I was sure she'd be asleep by then. I put in a lot of effort to tip toe across the bedroom and gently ease into the bed. I got comfortable and stared to doze off.

I was startled when my wife started talking to me.

"Did I tell you that I might have found a house we can salvage stuff from?"

"Hmm? No, you didn't."

"It's behind the library in Russellville. It's the Victorian that someone stuccoed."

"Yeah," I said, "I know that one."

"The library owns it, and they're wanting to tear it down."

"So, do you think they'd let us have the flooring?"

"They might. Do you want me to ask them about it?"

"Sure," I said, "I'd even be willing to pay them $300 for it."

"What kind of floor do you think it has? It's not as old as the Queen."

"I'm guessing it's about as old as the Davis House. Maybe 60 years old?"

"Yeah."

"I'd say that the floors are probably pine. Three-in-four chance that they're narrow boards, maybe three inches wide. Maybe a one-in-four chance that they are wider."

"Hmmm."



A while later I drifted off to sleep. I could still hear the hum of the machine beside me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clean the air? It is possible. Clean water? It is possible too.
Clean energy? It is possible as well.
My idea is very difficult for understanding. It is not difficult for engineer - mechanic, who knows very good the Pascal's law and even-arm lever.
Please open GOOgle and find metozor and next :
index of metozor.
Overthere is all about idea of main .
example : http://www.nets.pl/~metozor/for_greenpeace.html or
http://www.nets.pl/~metozor/energy_for_everybody.html
Everyone is able to build just the model of METOZ machine and test it.
Please, have a look at http://www.nets.pl/~metozor/supplement.html Perhaps METOZ is some duplicating machine of a clean energy.
SO YOU THINK WE HAVE AN ENERGY PROBLEM ??? NO, WE HAVE A POLITICAL PROBLEM !!!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment for METOZ


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By

Orlowski Zygmunt

Poland 2005

index html

Comments concerning machine "METOZ"
"METOZ" is able to realize the cycle "deflection" and the cycle "straighening." Both cycles are in accordance with current physic's laws. "METOZ" as machine can not work and hand over the energy because it would be inconsonant to the law of conservation of energy.
I propose to execute the following intelectual process:
we have found ourselves in the Europe of XVII century. We know the trigonometry in the scope of being occured for "METOZ." We know what is the even-arm lever and moment of force too. Just appeears Mr. Baise Pascal / 1623--1662/ and he publishes his hydraulics law with adequated experiment. All thinkers are sure that this law is correct and quite real. This time someone invents machine "METOZ". Now turn up the following questions:
1/ why the implementation of the cycle "deflection" is impossible?
2/ why the implementation of the cycle "straightening" is impossible?Both groups: opponents and followers of bulding "METOZ" live in XVII--th century and they not know that:
a/ the idea of an "energy" will be introduced into science scarlerly in mid. of XIX century,
b/ the law of conservation of the energy will be exist scarlerly after 1847 y.
QVESTION!!!
WHAT KIND OF RATIONALY ENTERELY / ARGUMENT/ CAN BE DREAMED UP THE OPPONENTS OF BUILDING THE MACHINE "METOZ' IN XVII CENTURY.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter