The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reaming Update

Thanks for all the comments left on yesterdays. I greatly appreciate them. And, thank you very much Tarr, you really shouldn't have by which I mean we're very grateful.

Here is our current list of stolen items:

1. Compressor, Air Hose, and Nail Gun
2. Paint Sprayer
3. Two cordless drills and complete set of bits
4. Portable table saw
5. Miter saw
6. Halogen lamps
7. Head lamp
8. Two ton truck jack
9. Miscellaneous wiring tools
10. Several hammers

I think there may be a few more items that I've forgotten, but this is the bulk of it. Our estimate is that about $2000 worth of equipment was taken. As though being robbed wasn't bad enough, over half this stuff was on loan from family. Jack, my wife's step-father, lost over $1000 of his equipment. It'll probably take us a few months to manage it, but we plan to replace or reimburse him for everything.

My wife filed an incident report with the police yesterday. Chances are slim to none that this stuff will make its way back to us, but, if it turns up in a pawnshop, we can call the police and they can seize the shop's records to find out who brought in the stuff.

Anyhow, more about this latter.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Good luck. I hope by some fluke the police catch the bastards.

Oh that reminds me of what I wanted to say yesterday when Blogger wouldn't let me comment ...

We know this awesome young bluegrass musician who lives in a small town, and everybody knows he plays these instruments. So somebody - probably somebody he knew - broke in and stole all his instruments. It's disgusting. This 17-year-old kid gets robbed.

Anyway, they checked the pawn shops and eBay and actually found one of his instruments on eBay!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter