The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Master Bedroom Death Crawl

It would be easy to think that only token progress has been made in the master bedroom, but that is so far from the truth. I thought we'd have this painted by now, but I was wrong (do you see a trend?). The washing and selective de-tacking takes a lot more time and effort than imagined. Slowly we're making progress. We're dreading the caulking stage. I think we can reasonably expect to use at least two cases of caulk on the walls alone. Ouch.

On the upside, as slow as this has been, it is still faster than stripping that damn wallpaper!


2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

We are rarely able to stick to our schedule either. I try to look at the bright side - think of how much less I would accomplish if I hadn't set them so high in the first place!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Aunt Jo said...

Don't feel bad. We never seem to meet our goals either.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter