The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

K.I.S.S.

You won’t believe how long I’ve spent trying to craft a coherent post. I’ve officially given up. In short:

1) I was up until midnight priming the hall bathroom.
2) I slept for 4 ½ hours before I got up to get ready for work.
3) My wife went to work at 12 PM Monday but didn’t make it home until 8 AM today.
4) Since she wasn’t home, I dozed for two hours until my son woke up and I could take him to his grandmothers.
5) Because of #4 I didn’t make it to work until 10:45 AM. Work starts at 8 AM.
6) We got our doorknobs and locksets from the Door Knob Discount Center; they look fabulous. Now, all I need to do is install them.
7) I’m buying a heat gun whether my wife wants me to or not.

More later. Maybe I’ll be coherent tomorrow. Wish me luck.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I'd highly recommend the heat gun-so quick! (don't know if you saw my rave on our site). They also are pretty cheap-and so versatile.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm with Christina on the heat-gun. It's my favourite tool of all.

Just remember, as per the safety sheet that came with mine, "DO NOT USE AS A HAIRDRYER!"

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I might just recommend that you not use that heat gun on so little sleep....I hear the zombies are excellent at the use of this kind of thing, however.

4:18 PM  
Blogger John said...

Christina,

Actually, I did see your post. After reading your post, I thought, "Fuck it. I'm buying the damn thing." So, thanks! If I get in trouble, I'll blame you!

C&M,

Hairdryer? You know, the sad part is that at least one person tried to use it as one for them to post that warning.

Maryam,

I don't know about letting the zombies use it. They mean well, but you really have to watch them with stuff like that. Maybe I'll just have to catch up on my sleep?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

What is your day job? Perhaps you could send a few of the zombies to work, so you could get the important stuff done around the house. And I'm still waiting for someone to post the web address for the zombie distribution site.

9:34 AM  
Blogger John said...

Allison,

I can't vouch for any zombie distributors; home-grown is all I know.

As for using zombies as a stand-in at work, it might have worked during our off-season, but I think they'd notice in the coming months. Great idea though!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter