The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Slouching Toward the Weekend

The weather has been great, I think I'm nearly over my cold, and no new horrific surprises have hurled themselves my way in a while, so you'd thing I'd be feeling pretty good about things. Instead I'm feeling tired and more than a little overwhelmed. The most frustrating thing is I've been working on the Devil Queen every day, but, since I've been sick, I haven't been finishing as much as a normally do. It sucks, I suck, or both, or something.

Instead of wallowing (but it is just so easy . . . ), I'll try to focus on the good things. Work on the hall and Gideon's room have been progressing (at the expense of the laundry room). Saturday, I am going to go shopping for a miter saw. Nothing fancy. If I can't find an okay one at a pawn shop for around $50, I probably won't get one just yet. Sunday, I have three or four folks coming over to prime and paint. Amazing things could happen. Rooms could be painted or five gallons of blue latex could get spilled down the return-air vent. I mean, we'll have no fewer than one Dumbass Award Winner and several nominees. Anything could happen.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

You most certainly do not suck. Of that you can be quite sure. And pls don't forget to send me that mother-in-law information, okay?

8:51 AM  
Blogger John said...

Well, thank you Maryam. And, thank you for the reminder. I'll have to ask for the size again, but I think sky blue (or any other blue) would be the prefered color.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter