The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Busy Buggers

The Devil Queen has been a progress-free zone for most of the week. Last weekend the whole family was ravaged by a stomach bug. It kind of set the tone for the rest of the week. Had some side projects to attend to and then we got two days of torrential rain (2 inches in 24 hours), so last night was the first night I came directly home and worked on the house. Basically, I'm still painting the Watertight on the skirt. No where close to finished. I know you must be terribly shocked.

We've managed to line up another busy weekend of non-house activities. We're going to have to quit doing this on such a regular basis. One, if we ever hope to finish the house, I suspect it would help to work on it. Just an idea. Two, I'm really tired: weary, exhausted, whatever. Sleeping for twenty four hours without going to crappy old people birthdays or having a three year old vomit on you at 4 AM would be nice. Really.

Oops. Sorry, that sounds a lot like complaining. We can't have any of that now. But, while I am at it, I have one more thing to add to my list. Our parlor/bedroom #3 smells like monkey ass. We've been trying to sort through all of the stuff from our storage room in hopes of evicting it from the house. I don't know what it was we packed, but, whatever it was, we probably shouldn't have judging from the funk.

And, a couple weeks back, someone asked if I had any art or paintings of the Devil Queen. The answer is yes. I found one piece, and, if you are interested in it, here it is. It was painted last summer before the Devil Queen was painted.

Anyhow, busy weekend. More later in theory.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

found you at thehouseandi

went to your other site and tried to tell you how beautiful your work was, but alas, no comments by anonymous.
Im not anonymous. I just don't have a blogger acct.
So Im just going to tell you here:
Your work is beautiful.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Your painting is beautiful.

8:09 AM  
Blogger John said...

Jen,

I'm sorry that you couldn't comment. I didn't know it was doing that. I'll see if I can fix it.

And, thank you.

Sandy,

Thank you very much.

10:11 AM  
Blogger John said...

Jen,

I just went and changed the settings for The Failed Artist. You may comment to your heart's content. Thanks for bring that to my attention.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter