The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In Passing

The last few days we've had the kind of weather that really makes me appreciate why every room in the Devil Queen originally had a wood burning stove or fireplace. Actually got iced in for a while today, so I'm running a little behind on house work and posts on house work.


Lee, I asked my dad about the carving around the dining room window. He wasn't familiar with them, but, if you can tell us what it says, we might be able to help.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amalie said...

Yeah...We're in Fayetteville, the house in Fort Smith...All this silly ice has been keeping us from getting there and making the heat pump work overtime while we're gone! I'm not looking forward to that electric bill.

Stupid weather...

6:38 AM  
Blogger John said...

Exactly.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter