The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Touch My Monkey



Okay, it's official! The first run of the Home Improvement Monkey Tee Shirts will be without text. However, second iteration of this shirt may have text. If so, I'm thinking of having a vote to see which text goes on them. We'll see how it goes my pretties.

So, I'm ready to start taking pre-orders for the shirt. I'm waiting on the 12 inch squeegee I ordered to come in (it should be here this week), and I'll have to buy the shirts since I don't have any on hand. I'm planning to start shipping the first full week of August. The shirts are $20.00 each and that includes USPS First Class Shipping to the continental U.S. If you'd like Priority Mail or to have then shipped to someplace like Canada for instance, let me know and I'll calculate and tack-on the extra postage.

If you'd like one email me here. Please include your size and mailing address in the email. The default color for the shirt is white, but I'm willing to entertain requests for other colors (except black and other very dark colors which won't show black ink).

Paypal is preferred, but checks, money orders, and possibly bartering are accepted. Paypal payments may be sent to the same email address. Otherwise, I'll email you my mailing address.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

Oh, I've tweaked the design I posted earlier this week. It's basically the same with better definition in the face and wings. I'll post a picture of the slightly revised version tomorrow.

Anyhow, now is when we dance on Sprockets!

Cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger 2ndaryHighway said...

Cool! One idea for t-shirts - I had some friends in bands who would scour second hand stores for shirts on the cheap and then screen printed them with the band name. They ended up with some cool stuff - the shirt I ended up with was a random school volleyball team shirt, and the name of the band was on the back over the number. 12 years later I still have it and wear it.

On the other hand, new, crisp t-shirts are nice too.

(btw - been lurking on your blog for a few months now, love it.)

7:56 AM  
Blogger John said...

That's a great idea and one I'd considered using. It certainly makes for a one of a kind tee and it would probably allow me to drop the price by about 50%. I wasn't sure how they'd go over with folks though since some people have issues with second hand goods (DIY house nuts are probably not one of them though). Anyone else have thoughts or ideas on this? If so, let me know. I may have to hit the second hand shops this weekend and give it a spin . . .

And, as always, I'm glad to hear someone loves the blog. Thanks!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter