The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Post Script to F.U.B.A.R.

I have noticed that my blood pressure has gone through the roof as I've written all these posts. I think I'm going to step away from this for a while in the interest of not acting like a totally mean, psychotic, and angry asshole. Life goes on after all irregardless of how this idiotic tragicomedy comes out in the end.

Anyhow, I'll update again when I'm not feeling totally evil.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane Greene said...

Considering your history with the Devil Queen, this is the perfect closing. I must admit that I hate to see the story end. For your sake, though, I hope the closing happens soon.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Tarr said...

Course if I ever need a lawyer, I sure want to hire "a totally mean, psychotic, and angry asshole." Best of Luck with your new life.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I must admit I haven't been by in awhile. I was so shocked to see that you are selling/have sold the Devil Queen. I am sorry, but am glad you will be out from under all the stress that has been building since you bought and moved the Devil Queen. I am hoping that all the crap is cleared up and that you can close and move on with your life. I wish you nothing but good things in your life. Good luck to you. If you care to, keep in touch.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Lee said...

John, okay, the devil queen life sucks a big one. I'll give you that. But just think, you make my money pit in Kewanee look glorius! See, glass half-full! Good luck and let us know if you ever sell the dern thing!

7:12 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

John, Good luck. We're all praying for this nightmare to end for you over at our Nightmare.
-Aaron and Amanda

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet law school will be a picnic after all you've been through w/ the Queen. Good luck!

-e-dub

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter