The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Monday, June 01, 2009

A Visitor

Yesterday afternoon, I was in the living room when I heard something rustling under the windows. I looked out an saw the tail of something passing by below. I went to Gideon's room and looked out the front window and saw this.





As far as wildlife goes, I'm general a live and let live kind of guy, but coyotes wandering through our yard during the middle of the afternoon gives me pause. Coyotes usually don't attack people, but when they do, they generally attack children. Since I have a five year old and I know there are packs of coyotes in the area, this worries me. Not that I didn't already have reason enough but this gives me yet another to have the yard bush hogged. Soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tarr said...

Don't you worry about that coyote. He's not going to mess with your son. A cat? maybe so.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

I'm in the city, and we get coyotes during the day (well, the morning). At least it's not mountain lions, then you'd have more to worry about.

5:59 PM  
Blogger John said...

Tarr, you're right, but you never know. While rare, apparently they do occasionally go after kids, out west in particular. Better safe than sorry, right?

Derek, pretty wild. I'd heard they were moving into the cities, even caught one in NYC Central Park supposedly. I'm not too sure that we don't have mountain lions though. Officially, no. The state Game and Fish maintains that we don't but, I've seen otherwise as have some of my in-laws.

Whatever is out there, vigilance seems like a good thing.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter