The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The House of Broken Knees 2.0 (Short Version)


ARTHUR: You are indeed brave, Sir knight, but the fight is mine.

BLACK KNIGHT: Oh, had enough, eh?

ARTHUR: Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left.

BLACK KNIGHT: Yes I have.

ARTHUR: Look!

BLACK KNIGHT: Just a flesh wound.
[Headbutts Arthur in the chest]

ARTHUR: Look, stop that.

BLACK KNIGHT: Chicken! Chicken!

ARTHUR: Look, I'll have your leg. Right![whop][ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's leg off]

BLACK KNIGHT: Right, I'll do you for that!

ARTHUR: You'll what?

BLACK KNIGHT: Come 'ere!

ARTHUR: What are you going to do, bleed on me?

BLACK KNIGHT: I'm invincible!

ARTHUR: You're a loony.

BLACK KNIGHT: The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you!Come on then.
[whop]
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's other leg off]

BLACK KNIGHT: All right; we'll call it a draw.

ARTHUR: Come, Patsy.

BLACK KNIGHT: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellowbastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll biteyour legs off!

For those of you who don't recognize this passage (blasphemers) , it is from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.


Jack, Charlie, and I have all injured our knees at some point in our life. As Fate would have it, our knees were all acting up Sunday. With Mars in opposition, what else could you expect? I found it vaguely amusing as we all did our Igor-shuffle around the Queen. If we keep it up, our home improvement project may become a Special Olympics event. Maybe it already has.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I'm walking like Tim Conway from the Carol Brunette show this week, too much bending over to pick stuff up off the floor last week. I'd not looking forward to getting old. I did get the Holy Grail thing, I love that scene.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter