The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Fat of the Land

I had an above average weekend. Actually, it was pretty damn good. I succeed in eating my own body weight in cream cheese and bacon grease, spent most of my time in my pajamas draped across comfy furniture, and didn't do much of anything under the pretence of hiding from severe winter weather. Fat, flannel, and sloth, does it get any better than that? Minus a fleeting existential crisis, it was a pretty good weekend.

Even if we'd been spared the token freezing rain, It’s doubtful that we'd have worked on the Queen. The temperature never made it above freezing for three days, so the hell with working in an unheated house. The folks that loaned us the scaffolding came to retrieve it Sunday. I was sad to see it go, and it has me thinking about buying some of our own. I went up to the Queen to help them load it, and, true to form, I forgot to bring my camera.

Kenny finished the dining room wall, re-installed the weird, pseudo-midget door in the dinning room (more about that in a later post), finished insulating the master bathroom, nearly completed the master bathroom ceiling, stripped the drywall out the main hall, living room, and dining room, patched the living room floor, and a few other jobs. It's looking good, and sometime this week I'll take my camera up there prove it.

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I wish Kenny would relocate to Alabama after he's finished with the Devil Queen. Tell him we have very lovely old houses and lots of people who will vie for his attention.

1:36 PM  
Blogger John said...

I'll see what I can do for you. Convincing his wife will be the hard part.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter