The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Loose Ends

First, I’d like to thank all of you who take the time and effort to post comments here. I would also like to appologize. Sometimes I don’t manage to post a timely response or any response at all, and, for this, I am sorry. Life is chaotic, and I’ve never been an attention-to-detail kind of guy. I get distracted and don’t get around to responding. A lame excuse, but there it is.

Also, Archimedes24, thank you for the email regarding my desire to live in New Orleans before it sinks into oblivion. I tried to respond, but my email came back as undeliverable. Sorry and good luck on the move.

For those of you still waiting for kitchen pictures or tanks water heater specifications don’t worry. I have not forgotten. I’m hoping to get to that this coming week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment is completely unrelated to this post, but general to your blog. I love reading your blog, but I do not understand the walls of your house. I'm sure you've covered this in the blod somewhere, but I haven't found the entry.

1) Are the walls really wood? Are all the walls like this or just in the few rooms you've shown pictures of? Do the walls have a gap for insulation/wiring/plumbing or are they just the interior and exterior walls of the house? Why were they designed this way?

2) In general do the pictures of your walls represent the actual colors you intend for your house or are they legacy as yet unpainted?

Now, just to be clear, I mean both questions in the friendliest possible way. I'm just curious. And if the walls are indeed the color you intend, then I commend you for your bold choice and would note that my family's living room walls are school bus yellow, so you can see I have no basis for critiquing anyone else's paint color choices. ;-)

--Eric

1:04 PM  
Blogger Aunt Jo said...

John, I would much rather have you guys get moved in than to see pictures of the kitchen. All in good time:)

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you still waiting for kitchen pictures or tanks water heater specifications don’t worry. I have not forgotten. I’m hoping to get to that this coming week.

We just want you to take a bath.
mom

5:44 PM  
Blogger John said...

Eric, I'll have a full post to answer your questions.

Jlynnette, thanks!

Archimedes24, I can't count the number of times I've seen that movie. I used to watch it over and over on HBO when I was a kid. I didn't imagine that one day that would be me. Guess I missed the foreshadowing.

Mom, do I smell THAT bad?

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter