The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What Is At Your Big Box Store?

Wow. You might want to check your purcase the next time you're shopping at Home Depot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Jo said...

Unfortunately, the Home Depot closest to me doesn't have squat for cabinets or anything of the sort.

Now drugs, they might actually have those. Can you imagine the home improvements you could do with the money from that much drugs?

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JLynette beat me to it...how sad that we immediately think of what we could have done with the $145K. Never mind the fact that fines for distrubution of that amount are prooooobably pretty steep. Anyway, my first thought was "DAMN! How did that guy get so lucky!".


My second thought was, "Wait, he called the police, which means he didn't USE the stuff, and obviously didn't sell it. Does that mean there is actually a contractor out there who DOESN'T toke up all day long while he's supposed to be working, thereby pissing away our hard-earned money?!".

Wonders never cease.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter