The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Monday, February 26, 2007

People, Better than Zombies

This weekend my mom, Jack & Fidge, and Laura spent Sunday afternoon helping us paint our nefarious mistress' main hall, foyer, and Gideon's bedroom. I spent most of the day trying to finish off the prep work with my lovely wife's assistance.

Here is a hall wall before we scrubbed it down.

Again, closer.
And after a good scrub and de-tacking.


The first bit of priming. In case you are wondering, rollers worked like a charm on the wall boards.

A shot of the hall with two coats of primer on the wainscotting & trim and one coat of paint on the wall.

Again, with me lurking in the background.

Fidge at work in Gideon's room.


Some people keep skeletons in their closets, Gideon has a grandpa in his.

Gideon's room.


The cold I spent all of last week fighting came back with a vengence Saturaday. I'm just now starting to feel better albeit exhausted. I'll try post some more when my brain isn't cased in cotton.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Nice work crew you had going there. I don't suppose they're available for next weekend by any chance?

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a triple-sashed, floor-to-ceiling window? Never seen anything quite like it.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

we have the exact same moldings, plinth pieces and all. maybe that isn't too remarkable, but it's exciting to me. :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger John said...

Chris, I'm sure you could work something out with them. Think beer, whiskey, and free room and board for hard labor. However, you might wait until summer when Arkansas is hot as hell. As far as they are concerned, Canada is "colder than a witch's tit" this time of year, so you probably won't see them before June.

Brenda, yes it is and I haven't either. I have a full post coming for you on it. And, in doing some research for it, the story has become even weirder.

Gnewfry, I don't know about the remarkable part, but I think it is pretty cool. I wonder if they were catalogue ordered, made locally from pattern books or what.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter