The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Appraisal

The bank called back and they have our appraisal. I haven't actually seen it yet (it's in the mail), but, in theory, it should be enough to pay our two bank loans off and a majority of the credit card debt we ran up on the house. We're not exactly dancing in the streets, but we quietly pleased. It's definitely something we can live with for now. Really, we did pretty good considering the shape the Queen is in currently. Hell, most of the floors have not been refinished yet, so I guess there isn't too much to complain about (except having to refinish the floors that is).

I guess we'll see how everything goes.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Sandy and Michael said...

Congrats on finally getting it and getting what you need. I know it's been a real source of stress, I'm curious to see what will happen when we have to transition out of our construction loan next year.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

That is terrific! Dance on the floors with sandpaper strapped to your shoes!!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! Congrats!

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! That is awesome.

9:38 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Nunc est bibendum! Maybe a glass of Merlot?

Congratulations!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Great, GREAT news. I am so very happy for you both:-)

6:22 AM  
Blogger John said...

Anna, Merlot? I think I have a bottle at home. Excellent choice, Prost!

Maryam, thank you.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your lovely wife!

1:37 PM  
Blogger K said...

Congrats! Congrats! *tosses confetti into John's hair*

2:59 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hooray!! I'm glad your hard work has paid off!

-Lenise

9:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Isn't that just great news? Congrats, John, you deserve it with the hours you've been putting in. The house is looking great.

9:16 PM  
Blogger John said...

Again, thank you every one. We are quite pleased to be finished with "Phase 1."

6:05 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I totally never saw this post. It seems I miss a lot these days. What happened to the banners on HouseBlogs? It’s hard to find my regular blogs these days. Why am I telling you this.

Anyway, congratulations!

8:54 AM  
Blogger John said...

Greg, thanks!

I've noticed some odd things going on at Houseblogs. For instance, one of your posts from May 2006 was listed in the Most Recent Posts section this week.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter