The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A March Down Memory Lane

For those of you who where interested this post about my family's old home in Kewanee, here is a follow-up for you.

The picture above is the Tremont House circa 1918. The house has a new porch and paint job (compare with this picture and this picture). Correction. This is the house across the street from the Tremont House which explains a lot. See the comments below for some more information from the current owner. If you zooom in on the picture, you will not the soldiers are carrying sticks and not rifles.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Thanks for the lovely photos of "our" house!

however, this one is not 423. I think the photo was taken from our front porch. I believe the photo is of the house across the street. I will send you a picture of it tomorrow. I don't know why the soldiers would be marching here, it is far (3blocks) from the downtown area.

7:22 PM  
Blogger John said...

Lee,

You're quite welcome. And, thank you for having a great excuse to make time for sifting through our family photos with my dad.

I'm almost glad that this house isn't 423 Tremont. My Dad and I had a hard time figuring what happened to the house. It makes a lot more sense to know that it's not 423.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter