The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Friday, September 01, 2006

RemovAll 320

Yesterday I spent $66 in the name of science.

At my wife’s instant urging, I order one gallon of RemovAll 320. RemovAll 320 is a “green” exterior paint stripper. It is identical to RemovAll 310 (what we originally considered buying in this post) with two exceptions; 320 can be applied with a brush thus eliminating the need for a pain in the ass sprayer and, including shipping, it costs about $12.00 less than 310.

For our experiment, my wife will apply the 320 to one end of the porch and I’ll manually scrape the other end without the benefit of any striper, heat gun, etc. Then, we’ll compare our progress.

It’ll probably take a week or two for it to get here, so we’ll have to wait a little before we put it to the test. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I love the idea of that stuff but we tried it, and it was very expensive and it didn't work. Paying someone else to get lead exposure worked out better for us. Good luck... maybe you'll have a better experience with it than we did.

3:34 PM  
Blogger K said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the results! You should take bets on the outcome.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of things to remember when applying RemovALL 320;
1 - Do not let the product sit in direct sunlight for extended periods. This will cause the product to dry out and stop working (plus it will become hard to remove). It is advisable to cover the stripper with paper. (i.e. cut grocery sacks etc.. to keep the moisture in). The longer the stripper remains "wet" the longer you can leave it on and the more stripping it will do.
2 - Spread the product out to the edges and apply it "thick". Some shrinking will occur. The most common mistake in applying the product is applying it too thin.

Good luck with your science experiment!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter