The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Damn the Long, Dark Night

Really, it is nothing unless you happen to suffer from seasonal depression disorder (which I don't but it's still irritating). It's just that I can't wait until December 22 (12:22 AM to be precise) rolls around. Why? That will be the longest night of the year. After that truly hopeless moment of eternal darkness, the sun will shine more and more. Life will return to the northern hemisphere, and I will be able to work on the outside of the Devil Queen once I get home from the day job. As it is now, I'm just lucky to find my way to the front door every night.

Also, I'd like to thank all of you who are ceaselessly toiling to despoil the environment. We're now enjoying highs in the upper 60's (even some low 70's are predicted for the end of the week) in Arkansas. Sure, fifty percent of the population will probably be devoured in the Spring by all the bugs (fire ants, tics, mosquitoes) who partying through this mild winter, but it's a price I'm willing to let them pay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your posts are CRACKING ME UP!


:D :D :D :D

1:23 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I went to Iceland for a vacation several years ago. The long days were amazing. I never realized how much light affects your mood until that trip... The sun would be shining at 10:00 PM and you felt like it was about 3:00 in the afternoon. But, they pay for it in winter, when it never gets light. So, I guess it could be worse.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter