The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Painting Myself to Death

Yes, I'm still painting the damn hall bathroom. I'm holding off on posting pictures until it's finished. At this point, everything from the floor up to 8 or 9 feet up is finished. This leaves approximately 52 square feet of wall that needs to be finished. This doesn't sound like much, but, since we used exterior siding for the walls of this bath, it's taking a lot longer. First, using a roller isn't an option. Second, cutting in where the siding meets the trim is taking for fucking ever. I finished this section off last night which is very good, mainly because it kept me from gouging my eyes out.

I was hoping to at least get one coat of paint on the remaining siding, but at 11 PM I was beaten. I was so tired that I was starting to feel nauseated, so I decided it was time for bed.

Since the walls and trim are all orange, this bathroom has a nice warm glow to it when you turn on the lights. It's kind of like looking into an oven while the element is glowing, or a tiny, coffin shaped slice of hell. Your choice.

And, as a brief comment on the powers of color on moods and urges, every time I open the can of trim paint and see that nice creamy orange I want to eat it.

Unless I fall asleep while painting and fall off the ladder, I should have the paint finished by Friday. Or, at least, that is what I keep telling myself. Anyhow, unless the holidays completely over come me, I'll try to get at least one more post up this week. No shortage of topics like car seizures, mystery puddles, sanding, and landscaping with fire.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

"...landscaping with fire".

That I have to read.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Poppy said...

*passes Chris a mug of hot chocolate, share plates of fresh from the oven sugar cookies. settles in to wait for post about landscaping with fire*

Can't wait to read that one!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter