The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Catching Up

[this post was meant for yesterday, January 17, 2007]

Sorry the posts have been non-existent for the last few days. I just couldn't bear to post until I could finally say that the hall bathroom is finished. Tonight I plan to begin work on the laundry room/ bathroom in the rear of the Devil Queen. I start working on this room 30 or 40 years ago and got side-tracked somewhere along the way. Since then, I've sworn to my wife that I will work at one room at a time until the Queen is finished.

As it stands, this room is already 60% primed. Now I just need to finish the job so we can begin painting the bugger. Once I finish priming, I'll paint the ceiling and the corner directly behind the tub and turn the rest of the painting over to my wife and mother-in-law. While they are working on that, I'll begin work on the foyer/front hall until they've finished. I know that I just said that I'm sworn to finish one room before moving to the next, but Scarlet has approved this scheme so everything is good.

When they are finished, I'll return to the laundry/bath to install the cast iron 1920's sink, refinish the floor, install the toilet, plumb the tub, and install the lighting. Then, Kenny will be receiving a call to come and install the washer and drier and the drier vent.

Also, over the weekend I've been tagged by Kristin at 1902 Victorian to tell you all five things/secrets about me. I'll have to think about it some since it wasn't too long ago that I tagged by Maryam to post 10 weird things about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter