The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Lurker at the Threshold

I made out like a bandit for Christmas. If my gifts are any indication, at least a few of you actually like me.


I'm guessing that these same people think that I need to paint more. In addition to the easel, I also received a gob of Sennelier oil paints, and Mayer's The Artist's Handbook (5th Edition). Wonderful stuff, thanks to all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have easel envy. Its sad beacuse I too just recieved an easle for Christmas; but I think yours is bigger.
Also Sennelier oils - Wow, someone loves you!
That reminds me of the time I worked in an art store. We had a gigantic display of Sennelier pastels, all colorful and buttery looking (and feeling), I just wanted to eat them all! Unfortunatley, if I did, I not only would have been fired, but probably charged more money than I made to replace them as they're nearly as valuable as platinum, or a human organ - your choice.

4:01 AM  
Blogger John said...

Bigger isn't always better, but I do have a couple super-sized special projects I'm going to use this baby for.

As for the Sennelier, you're absolutely right. Not only am I loved, but it's taken me nearly 7 years to upgrade my whole set of paints to this level because it costs more than gold.

And, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has been tempted to eat a paint or pastel based on its color or texture.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new easel! What kind is it? Santa brought me this one...

http://www.gungeasels.com/easel-TJ6060.html

4:23 PM  
Blogger John said...

Nice easel. I don't know what brand mine is. I think it is from Hobby Lobby.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter