The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fuzz and Junk

I was wading through all the pictures on the digital camera and found these.

Here we have a mountain of house junk. It’s mostly light fixtures on other assorted fixtures waiting for the long promised day of completion. Once the last coat of paint goes on to the ceiling in the hall, the porches, and any other number of rooms these babies will finally replace our lovely selection of bare bulbs.

I know, you’re thinking, “So what?” Really, getting this pile reduced to this size is a great accomplishment. Just a few weeks ago, this entire room was filled with building materials and junk. Shrinking piles = progress.


Some fates cannot be avoided. Here is what happens when you don’t plug top of a window weight pocket and blow insulation into the wall. Somehow Kenny and I both missed this one. It doesn’t look like too much here, but I filled an entire contractor sized garbage bag with this stuff. I probably spent 45 minutes bagging and vacuuming up this crap. Blown insulation is like sand on the beach, it works its way into every crack. Not fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet pile-reducing joy! We have reduced infinite piles, (bricks, bottles, wood into dumpsters and every sort of stuff onto jobs) by infinitesimal increments. The vanishing pile is a thing of beauty!
PS Your milk-paint courage impresses me deeply. But your superb description of the process has also convinced me that I lack the strength of character for milk paint. Thanks for the insight!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter