The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Hog-tying My Beelzebubs & The Return of Kenny

Sorry today’s post isn’t really much of one. Every now and then the demons get loose, and you have to spend some time herding them, wrestling them to the ground, and locking them in the back closet. With a little willful ignorance, you can ignore the scratching and moaning until they escape again. Somehow the little bastards always find a way to break out.

Kenny called two nights ago, and he is coming back to work for us. He’s going to spend half of Monday doing some maintenance work on Mr. Blue, our sad little rental house. Then, he will return to serve her Dark Majesty once again. We’ve missed having Kenny around, and not just because we like his work. We actually missed him. You don’t hear that about contractors that often, do you?

Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll be able keep him as long as we’d like. I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Maybe it’s just the end of the week doldrums, but I’m feeling worn down and worn out today.

Maybe I just need nap?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter