The Devil Queen

How my wife and I sold our souls to the Queen Anne Victorian we tried to save.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Crow Mountain, Arkansas, United States

Synopsis: This is a cautionary tale. A seriously disturbed couple find the charming, old ruin of a Queen Anne Victorian in Russellville, Arkansas, and buy it for $1.00. They tore the roof off, cut it in half, and had it moved to some land they owned sixteen miles away because they didn't know any better. Since then, they have hired and fired contractors, had all of their tools stolen, re-wired, re-plumbed, insulated, and essentially rebuilt the entire house. Their only problem is that after four years it still isn't finished. Now they are tired, broke, and wonder what in the hell it is they've done to themselves. And, it's haunted.
(Last updated on April 3, 2008)

Press: Russellville Courier Article - December 2003, HGTV website article, AP story - October 2006, and Victorian Homes Magazine - February 2008 (link coming soon).
Art: From time to time, I receive requests for my art. If you would like to look at more of my art, go to The Failed Artist. If you would like to buy my art, email me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

Friday, August 08, 2008

Omens of Things to Come

Or, a rare example of the Persian Cat Dust-Bunny Tumbleweed in its natural environment. Notice this fine specimens enourmous size.

More to come, cheers!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing how fur
manages to gather itself into large bundles all over
the house!!!

I had six cats and 3 Siberian Huskies at one time.
I told everyone that I had "fur tumblweeds" in my house not dust bunnies.

Julie in NJ

2:33 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

My parents have four cats, two of them being Maine Coons. I've seen fur-tumbleweeds about that big. Sometimes you can comb a sweater off of the furniture.

8:04 PM  
Blogger 2ndaryHighway said...

Cat hair tumbleweeds, we're very familiar with these with three cats. I actually looked into spinning cat hair into yarn, but it apparently doesn't work so well. Thought it would be a great way to subtly torture someone I didn't like... if they had a cat allergy.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

Do you have a link to your artwork anywhere? If so, let me know. I'm interested in a some of your pieces.

Thanks,
Aaron

5:44 PM  
Blogger John said...

Julie,

Six cats and three Huskies?! Wow, that is a special kind of hell.

Nathan,

I know exactly what you mean. We have to take lint rollers to the furniture before we have people over. The hair comes off in sheets. Ugh.

2ndaryhighway,

I had the same thought, minus the allergy angle. Devious.

Aaron,

Go to http://www.failedartist.blogspot.com or click on the painting of the tree on the left sidebar. If you see anything you like, post a comment or email me at thedevilqueen(AT)hotmail(dot)com.

Thanks!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Brenda from Flatbush said...

Been awhile since I've checked in, sorry, and of course what have I missed? Dazzing cat-fur tumbleweeds! Our 3 will be jealous; with 2 shorthairs and just one long-haired Ragdoll, it takes them all their effort to create one that big, and it never has that coherent structure.

Love your inspirational floor-sanding pix; I have been sporadically attacking a shellacked door and sort of weeping numbly afterwards.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter